Saturday, August 19, 2006

Troubling

I, like probably 98% of the American public, have been watching this Ramsay killer thing unfold. And getting very uncomfortable about the tidy little bow that people seem to want to tie around the whole thing. I think he's innocent. Because there's something really fishy about the whole thing. It just doesn't add up. He's a totally skeevy individual- with definite pedophilic intent. He's guilty as hell at something. But I don't think he killed her. I'll be very surprised if it turns out that the police have something concrete on him. Considering the blunderbusses in the Boulder police dept, and how horribly they've handled the case to date, this isn't a certainty at all.

I read that he was charged in Thailand with some sex thing. No doubt including little girls. Well, it certainly makes confessing to an unsolved (and obsessed-over) murder more appealing if it means that rather than rot in a Thai prison, he gets extradited to the US, and gets to face justice on home soil. It all appears calculated. And desperate. I just really have my doubts.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter. She's a dead little girl. Who would be in her teens today. But isn't. And nothing, and no one can ever bring her back. Justice doesn't matter. Guilt and innocence don't matter. She stays dead. Her parents were creepy, and her life was, from the outside, a little odd. But she is still dead. There is no tidy wrapping and sprinkles to put on this package to make it palatable. And the story had been bled dry prior to this week. But now there's more blood in the turnip, and the whole thing can start up again. (I know- mixing these many metaphors is bad form, it can't be helped right now- not enough coffee, too much angst)

My other question is- the dude married a 13 year old. I realize that this occurred in the Deep South, where rules are somewhat different, but why wasn't he prosecuted for child molestation?

5 comments:

(S)wine said...

what's wrong w/marrying a 13 year old, yo?
I LOVES ME THE SOUTH.
(let's go get Jerry for bangin' his 13 year old cousin)

slyboots2 said...

she's not the one who drowned in the pool is she?

And I wouldn't marry a 13 year old if you paid me. Yech. 13 year old boys are kinda gross.

(S)wine said...

what?
you don't like zits on the scrotum?

slyboots2 said...

Never had them to complain about.

I just don't have a Lolita kind of thing for the leetle boys. They're so damned icky at that age. Even to themselves. I'm guessing that's where you would bring up their speckly sacs. But I wouldn't.

(S)wine said...

that's why you don't usually see female pedophiles.