Saturday, November 04, 2006

Now to reflect back

Ah. Slept in and all. Time to reflect on the week that was. The life that was. The everything.

Not really. Not up for the task in a day. Not when I have to actually function. Save all that reflection for a roadtrip. Solo, of course- because I try not to burden Kenga with those kinds of things. Who the hell am I kidding- of course I try to burden Kenga with those kinds of things. It's part of the meat and potatoes that makes up our little dog and pony show. He's just good natured enough to at least appear to enjoy it. Suckah. Poor sweet suckah. I postulate, and he philosophizes. It's all good.

Actually it is. And I know how bloody lucky I am for that. He comes home today. Amid rain, an orchid show (where I really must budget myself), kitty unrest (they ran out of food ... and almost died- ask them), and general exhaustion. Seems that I was a big assist in getting 90% of my department on a plane to Europe yesterday. Prep time took all week. There was drama. There was stress aplenty. There was laughter. There were children. There were tears, no doubt. And there is a new coffee machine (Starbucks- brews and grinds fresh for every cup- more buttons than the Space Shuttle, and makes amazing noises). What a comedown. Now that's all over. Well- not completely over, I suppose. I still get to go back on Monday. But the herding of cats exercise- getting a bunch of people in a car to get to the plane on time, despite themselves- part is over.

I put one of the kitties on time out- he was throwing stuff on the floor. I have to go make more substandard coffee and let him out. I'm sure he's forgotten his transgressions. Because he has a brain the size of a pea. And it shows. (what does it say about me that I try to reason with him then?? Crazy fucking beeitch that I am.)

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

you may be that...but it's better than the average schlub...you jeans-and-sportjacket-wearin' freak.
(and yes, women DO get concessions on that getup)

slyboots2 said...

Good, glad to hear that. Because it is a favorite wardrobe standard. And no mullet or feathered Ponch hair hereabouts, either.