Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Couldn't sleep for shit last night

So. There were all these things spinning in my head.

Stupid, stupid things.

Like: did Monty Python have the three-headed knight in the forest as an homage to the myth of Cerberus? (yeah- LX- thank's for the Cerberus thing- see where it pops up?)

And: will my friend who appears to have totally dumped me ever speak to me again (and do I care if she does)?

And: Why don't I love Altman's films as much as everyone else seems to? I actually despise his films. Actively loathe them. Can't watch them. Gosford Park was unendurable.

And: if it keeps raining like this will there be mudslides in our neighborhood? Under our house? What does a mudslide sound like? Was that a mudslide? Or just a naughty cat?

And: does Lindsey Lohan really cut herself? If so, why doesn't someone pull in an expert to take care of things? And why am I even speculating about this?

And then there are the songs- echoing in my brain. Morrissey. REM. crappity crap crap. Endlessly looping away- even when I don't know the words. The music still echoes in there. If you put your ear up against my head, you would probably hear it. Like the soundtrack to a hopelessly cliche John Hughes teen movie.

And on and on and on....until I finally dragged myself out of bed. To go to work. And on and on and on...but then- 4 days off. And all is well.

6 comments:

danial said...

if you cannot sleep, please drink a cup of milk....hopefully it will works.

(S)wine said...

holy fuck Sly; we're on the same wavelength. i'm running on 3 hrs' sleep TOTAL over the last two days. last night the wind and rain wiped out power, so The Kid had to be soothed for god knows how long. then the Altman thing popped into my head too. Why don't i like his films? I should. (I did like Gosford, though, believe it or not).

Bill Edmonson said...

three words. Lu, nes, ta.

Easy to get a scrip. Relatively inexpensive, works as well as Merlot but without the dehydrated groggy feeling the next morning.

safety tip:
Don't take more than 3-4 a week. Becomes a crutch.

slyboots2 said...

I would give my left hand for an Aleve. But if I drank the milk, I would just have to pee. Which would start the whole process over again.

Sigh...As long as I don't play the mudslide game in my head again tonight...that one's a little scary.

(S)wine said...

billy boy ('cause i can't scroll up and see how you really spelled it), i love the idea of lunesta, but...i'll see you that, and raise you five fingers of straight gin coupled with two Advil PMs.
and yea.
they ARE crutches.
but...hey.
i'm hurt.
i need them.

slyboots2 said...

There was a very funny comic one night on Comedy central who talked about cranking one off and taking a nap. Just a suggestion. To take the discussion into an uncomfortable direction....ahem...