Friday, November 17, 2006

Cue the Vader overture

Today I discover my fate for the next few months. See my contract expires around the end of the year. And I have requested to know if I'm going to be around thereabouts for any longer than that. See our lease expires at the end of January- and we have to move. Unless the government screws up and keeps our landlady over there for a longer stay. I certainly hope not- because as much as I long to keep her cat with us forever, I do want her to come home. She's earned it.

And the fate of the job determines in part the location of the new home. West Seattle is the most wonderful place I have found in the area. But it's a beeitch to get to Redmond. Took me 2 fucking hours the other night to get home. That's 17 miles, peeps. And that shit ain't fun. Not to mention that I was hungry as hell, and now am carrying provisions in the car. Because Kbot doesn't need to have me arriving at home in a "state". That is not pretty.

And the fate of the job determines the holiday plans. If no job, no go to MT for Christmas. The trip gets postponed for a week or two. Which is really no great hardship, but there will certainly be less spent on presents for all and sundry as well. Which I know doesn't matter to them, but it does matter to me. Because. Well- it's that Christmas thing. Everyone wants it to be perfect and all. I guess.

So I'll hear today. And then ...we'll see...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! And, Hi Back. If they hadn't have renewed it, I'd have driven over and given them a talking to, I swear! Talk to you soon!

(S)wine said...

good luck?
i suppose?
i know all about 2 hr./17 mile commutes.
only mine, in D.C. was 2 hrs. for 12 miles.
each way.
aha.
provisions in the car...
brilliant concept.
you know what mine were.
of course you do.
greetings from Charleston, S.C.

Anonymous said...

p.s. Ah, sweet couchkitten, All I want for Christmas is you, dear. Nothing else, but you. (insert creepy smile here)

slyboots2 said...

I do know what your provisions were. And can make a good guess as to the proof. HOwever, I am a lightweight, and would put my car in the lake if I tried to do the feats you have done, El. I'll stick to the Powerbars.

And thank you Achick- It is Kbot's Christmas, but grandma trumps it- so all up in the air so far, alas.