Wednesday, November 01, 2006

But who the hell was listening?

There have been a bunch of articles in the local paper about school administrators protecting an inappropriately touchy feely teacher. And an illegal court document sealing. All part of their job.

The sad thing that really bugs me is that the guy was able to get away with groping little girls for well over a decade. Despite parental involvement. Despite little girls telling on him. Despite witnesses coming forward with some pretty sick stories.

He's not working anymore- he's been convicted and is a registered sex offender. But the principals who protected him and themselves are still in the biz.

It reminds me of when I was little. We all knew the teachers who groped. And there were a few. They tended to go for the girls who had actually developed chests. I was exempt. Which was probably very good. But I knew who they were. And one of them was still a teacher when my sister was in high school. Seems he still had the rep.

I always wondered about the teachers' daughters.

I always wondered about if anyone told. And what happened if they did. And why it was allowed. And if any of it was sheer paranoia. Doubt it- the stories were too widespread. But still...it was ugly. And I suspect that there are plenty of other schools with the underground groper network.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, Mr. SoandSo made sex ed so much more....educational....should we say.

Nothing wrong with a "friendly" teacher, no? :)

(S)wine said...

ugh.

slyboots2 said...

Actually that wasn't the teacher I was thinking of. But him too. Yeah- him too.

And yes, ugh.