Wednesday, November 08, 2006

It's a corker

Stupid Montana. And Virginia. Have to be drama queens and keep us all waiting. Have to keep the attention. Stupid.

I'm just this close to holding my breath over the imminent political demise of Conrad Burns. He is a crook. He is a wanna-be good ole boy. He tries to perform a "I'm a hick" dog and pony show in person. I've seen it. About as genuine as my hair color. Comes in a bottle, doncha know. I see through it. I have high hopes that the good people of my home state see through it too. But since there's only one precinct left to report, and fewer than 1,000 votes to decide it, maybe my faith is misplaced.

I can only be proud that the members of my immediate family are smarty pants. And not blinded by any kind of stubborn pride to simply vote like they have always voted. That they kept an open mind, and saw through the spin. And saw the corruption within. And voted accordingly. Now the inlaws? I don't know yet. Haven't spoken to them about it. My guess is that they're more in line with the family than with the rural outposts that traditionally support anything running with an R behind the name.

Fucking drama queen state. Gotta make a dramatic entrance.

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

looking good for Montana (as of this comment-time).
fingers crossed.
rumsfeld out!
the fuck.

slyboots2 said...

Ah. I can breathe again. Montana has come through. Now for Virginia. Which I hear is for lovers. But those days could be over. It was an old slogan.

(S)wine said...

virginia swung.
still...new motto: "Virginia is for Macaca Lovers."
d'oh!
Allen...what a fucking mo-mo.