Monday, November 27, 2006

Grapevine

I hear from round about that it's time to sober up, take a bath and go to work.

Not that I'm complaining too loudly- the bath part happens despite my sobriety. Part of the OCD makeup.

The sober up part is really fine too- never been good at holding on to a multi-day or even multi-part of day drunk. Usually just fall asleep.

It's the go to work part that I'm going to whine about a little. What the hell- a lot. It was supposed to be a snow day. The forecasters lied through their teeth- and disappointed again. Seems there was snow- pretty heavy- everywhere but here. I haven't been outside yet- to see if there is ice. If so, I wait it out a while. I am not tackling our hill in the ice- back home I am pretty convinced that we wouldn't have built here. Because it is steep, and winter is always a consideration there. Not just a theoretical happening. But a promised one. Which is probably why I am always thinking about the things that are promised happenings. Like death. And decay.

On that note- STEP AWAY FROM THE TURKEY!!! It is time to throw the leftovers out! I am serious. One more day, and you'll be courting a sick tummy. I speak from experience. Mama says 3-4 days max. Then it's going to turn. We made ourselves silly sick last year by eating the bird way past its expiration date. Until Mama said, "throw the turkey away, dummy!" And we did. And we recovered. And we understood. Mama made us see the light. Much like Lou Reed. Only with fewer needles and cigarettes. Mama looks one hell of a lot better than Lou. Might not have the street cred, but I doubt she cares much. If at all. Probably doesn't know who the hell Lou Reed is. Which would just figure.

THROW THE TURKEY AWAY!!!

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

what turkey?
and what's this biotching about no snow? i watched the game last night...couldn't see the field.

slyboots2 said...

Read the next post, sunshine. You'll feel the chill. You'll see the breath hanging in the air.
Actually, you'll feel the couch, you'll feel the jammies. We've all turned into large housecats hereabouts.