Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Yes, well...

So the bulk of the moving and shifting of posessions is done. I have to clean the old place still- but that won't be too bad. Now is the unpacking. Often a revelation- I can look in boxes that were in storage and have the joy of rediscovery.

So Spouse is on a business trip. Whilst he enjoys the Midwest- hope he has a cheesy tater tot hot dish while out there- I have discovered Comcast cable. We had Direct TV at the other place.

I have found ASN tv. It is cool as hell. Last night I enjoyed the last half hour of a Chinese (I think) soap opera featuring Water and Fire demons and lots of running around and very bad king fu action. It was really great. The demons had silly noses and big wigs. The water demon resembled a green housecat.

Then I watched a Philipino quiz show. It was great- I could understand about 1/4 of the language used (as it was English), and didn't have a clue as to the rest. But the action involved a disco dance track, smoke machine, disco floor in the shape of a pyramid, and hostess whose wrap dress was coming apart on top by the end of the show (she had on a red bra- that's all I'm sayin). It was funny. The people on the show weren't very sure of themselves on camera.

And finally, I got sucked into a Chinese movie that kept me up way too late. It was called All The Way, and was about a young girl wrapped up in her boyfriend's life of crime, and the hapless nice guy who is trying to save her. The only irritation was that the male voiceover wasn't subtitled. And I suspect that the plot was wrapped up via voiceover. Dammit.

All in all, a very good find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really think you should quit watching TV and come take my History 460 final for me. Ok? That'd be super. And probably much more fun than movies in other languages.