Thursday, May 12, 2005

More info on AZN TV

So the Chinese soap opera that features dieties and demons is called King of Hades. I am wondering if this is a literal translation- if so, I'm curious as to where the Chinese came up with the name "Hades," as I thought that was Greek. Curiouser and curiouser.

The other soap opera that I've already adopted as my new special obsession is Korean and called Hotelier. It stars lovely young Asian guys (delicious) and pretty young Asian girls...and it's wonderful. These young people work in a...hotel...in Korea...and there's love, and fighting, and hostile takover attempts, and Las Vegas, and flashbacks, and lung cancer, and subtitles. I hope to see the entire series some day, as I've only caught the final 2 episodes. It's like the Mexican soaps that I watched in AZ on Telemundo and Univision- limited run. Only better since these are subtitled, and the Mexican ones weren't. So I did a lot of guessing.

Speaking of guessing, the Philipino game show that I watch is called Game K N B? And stars Ms. Kris Aquino as the lovely Dolce and Gabbana garbed hostess who seems preoccupied by her own hair. It's wacky. The contestants seem kind of clueless and confused, and frankly very unpolished. But the cool thing is that I think that I could totally clean up on the show- even though only about 1/4 of the dialogue is in English. Mainly because the questions are silly/easy and mostly either yes/no or multiple choice- thus the odds are very good. The contestants usually are so thick or nervous that they often jump the gun and don't listen to the entire question- thus getting it wrong- and Ms. Kris Aquino has to gently reprimand them. It's fun. We'll see if I can infect Spouse with my enthusiasm. He didn't get King of Hades last night...sigh...

No comments: