Tuesday, May 03, 2005

And I pride myself on my sense of humor

Sigh....it's come to this. I have become the humorless wreck of humanity that I always feared was inside...

Next I'll be yelling at meter maids (oh, yeah. I did that once- and will suffer from the guilt forevermore) and small animals. (Get away from me, squirrel! I mean it!!!)

I didn't get the Washington Mutual job, and am getting frustrated/dejected. So it's starting to look more like food service industry jobs for me. Good God yo- I probably couldn't get one of those! No experience in the field in the last decade. Damn. Damn. Damn.

Stupid squirrel.

How does one lift the curse of a harassed meter maid?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my dear, I'm sorry you didn't get the job. Remember, it took Tom 8 months or so to find a job. I know it's hard to keep your chin up. It's just as well you're not working- you'll have your hands full putting stuff together in your lovely new home. ^_^

Anonymous said...

Aw Sis, just remember that when the time is right for you to me employed you will be. Let the good Lord God...oops...I forgot we're not religious! Haha. Well, you could always be a hand model!? Do you want my job? Lol:)

slyboots2 said...

Yeah- I'll find my own psychotic boss, thank you. I know that he/she is out there- just waiting for me- with that longing in his/her heart to berate and abuse me for little or no money...

Anonymous said...

Dearest Half-Crazed Sister,
Now, now, must you aim so high? Perhaps you could just aim for a sweet pandhandling gig in some panhandling ring with a criminally insane boss! Wouldn't that be a tad more realistic? But seriously, aim high. And when all else fails, you know you can always take over a nanny gig in Missoula (the boss even lets boys sleep over, so you could stay married! Yay!!!) :)

slyboots2 said...

Yeah- kind of an Oliver Twistian kind of thing...I dunno. Doesn't sound promising- and I have those pesky student loans to pay off.

And I thought that we have established the fact that I don't have any inclination to be a mommy/nanny...and prefer children who we can love, spoil and otherwise gently corrupt and then hand back to their parents...we're a wonderful aunt/uncle duo, but would probably suck at parenting. I don't relish being the heavy. And Spouse won't play bad cop. So there you have it.

Anonymous said...

No, there YOU have it! Hahahahahahahahaaa!