Friday, May 20, 2005

My love affair with Harrison Ford

Yeah- when the original Star Wars came out, I had a total thing for Harrison Ford. Mark Hammill never did it for me- he was too much of a bitch. But my friend Terri and I mooned over Harrison. Dreamy, dreamy Harrison.

Not long afterwards, Bladerunner came out. We snuck into it- as it was rated R and we were underage. We expected to see Han Solo. We were disabused of that right off. Both of us left disappointed and saddened, and totally over our Harrison Ford mania. We were stupid. But we were young, in Montana and hopelessly silly. We thought that Olivia Newton John was cutting edge, and legwarmers were really cool. We went roller skating at the roller rink for fun. And rode our 10 speeds everywhere.

When I saw Bladerunner in college I realized the error of my earlier days tout suit- and got over it. I also left behind my affiliation with Journey, REO Speedwagon and Styx. It was all part of growing up and getting past the AM radio lifestyle that I had endured...(1340 KCAP...Helena....)

I still remember the words to most of the Journey songs on my records...sigh...I wish I could reallocate those brain cells to something useful, like Latin vocabulary...but I can't figure out how to jettison the useless crap.

No comments: