Friday, September 08, 2006

Something to look forward to

Besides ending a sentence with a preposition. Because I want to. Repeatedly. Fuck you, grammarians!

Tonight we see the Dandy Warhols. And the added bonus of the Brian Jonestown Massacre. Life is good.

But first dinner with friends. I refuse to be a shut in any longer. A few nights sleep, and I'm ready to live. I WANT TO LIVE (that was a movie title in some old movie- I think it starred Susan Hayward (who went crazy later, I think) but am too lazy to hit IMDB and check).

Before that is work. Which has gotten interesting in a fun way. And busy as hell. Which is fine. Beats the hell out of clockwatching.

Right now, they are talking about an impending space shuttle launch on the CNN. Lotsa luck. Space program is broken. Terminal, I suspect. Which makes me sad. I remember staying home from school to watch launches when I was little. I also stayed home to watch the Watergate hearings, but that's another story entirely. (Dad was a tad interested in the whole Watergate shakedown. He has always had a healthy instinct for history.)

So, viva la Friday.

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

i hate andy warhol.
fucking campbell's soup mothafucka.
ah well, at least he gave Jean-Michel Basquiat a shot; thank fuck for that.

slyboots2 said...

Andy was a fraud. But I will forgive him much for the wonder that is the Velvet Underground. Other than that, he's right out. Oh and yeah, Basquait was good too.

The kerfluffle in the art world over attribution by the A W Foundation is kinda entertaining too. But I can hardly credit him with that- since he's DEAD and all.

(S)wine said...

yea, agree on Velvet.
i had forgotten about them.
I deserve a beatin' from Lou Reed.