Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Shakedown

Seems that the Turkish GP organizers have been fined $5 million for their audacity at putting the Northern Cypriot leader on the podium after the race. Seems that it's the largest fine in motor sport history, and all truth be told, that they're damned lucky not to have lost the race.

Seems that there's some kind of military shakedown going on right now, as we speak in Thailand. I was under the impression that there was plenty of political stability there. Disabuse me of that notion, I say.

Seems that my primary focus in life right now is producing copious amounts of mucous. All night long. Who the fuck needs sleep when there are fluids to produce from my head? That's what I thought. Thank the dieties above that K was insightful enough to buy the kleenix with the lotion in it.

5 comments:

(S)wine said...

here comes the end of good Thai food.
feck.

slyboots2 said...

Learn how to cook it. I had to- living in MT, 90 miles away from the only decent Thai restaurant in the state. That way, they can never take it away from you.

Anonymous said...

It's their 18th coup since WWII and the food kept coming after the first 17. I wouldn't worry about it. You should learn to cook it though. The key is don't leave out the shrimp paste -- looks nasty, smells worse, but of you leave it out, it's just not the same.

(S)wine said...

i SHOULD, heh.

slyboots2 said...

See, Rich- I knew you would come through for me. Always do when it comes to that kind of history.

And the shrimp paste or the fish sauce does really matter. Disgusting crap in the raw, but necessary.

Panang curry is the manna from heaven.