Friday, September 01, 2006

And now it's time to say it...

I go to the great white north (which isn't white right now, but has the potential) in a few hours. I have dial up access (shudder) because in the town my mother lives there are fewer than 1000 people, and more cows. So I will not be writing until Tuesday at the earliest. Then I'm sure the stories will flow. Or not if I am tired. I'll do my best.

I go to get on my grandmother's boat. And see where it takes me. No heavy lifting. But plenty of packing. And plenty of eating (it's mom's place, that's a given). And some lovely stiff martinis- because that's mom's specialty. Or a g & t or two. And given the altitude, they will have more of an effect than normal. Loverly.

So adieu all- I won't be able to see other sites for shit, since they take too damned long to load up there. Maybe email if I have the patience of a saint. But not any of my sites...unless I visit my dad (who has wireless and lives in another town). But that would be rude, no? "Hi dad! Haven't seen you in a long time. Gotta go check out the internet! Talk to you in a bit!!" No, not a likely scenario. I am too much of a pleaser and too prone to guilt to pull that out of my hat.

So. Until next week!!!

No comments: