Friday, May 23, 2008

Heroclitus= misspelled Heraclitus

WTF, people!

If you haven't noticed, I have gotten all high tech- it appears to have rubbed off or something. And there was assistance- thanks Alex!

So I am looking at the reports of who is trawling through my site, and there is the strangest thing. The majority of people who traipse through without having me bookmarked either are searching for me specifically (Goggle search term- couchkitten), thank you. Or they have run a Google search on...hold on....wait....wait...Heroclitus. Yup. I mentioned the dead Greek guy many moons ago- after a discussion with Kman in the car. And it comes up as the #1 entry for Heroclitus on Google. That fucking weirds me out big time.

So all of these searches come back with me in them. Man. I feel the need for more coffee. Stat. Because the net is a very strange place, and my position in it is a little odd.

Heroclitus...

And I am betting that because I am mentioning it so much right now, this post will enter the pantheon of hits for Heroclitus. Take that, Google!

Now I gotta get back to work- am working "remotely" today. So no, I'm not dressed yet, and yes, I am eating candy. Before noon even. And yes, the tv is on. But it's the news, so I'm not totally fucking off. Just background noise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ever since my computer crashed a few months ago, I've been googling you, because my bookmarks were wiped out and I'm too lazy/retarded to re-bookmark it. So, a lot of those were probably me (I check up on you, yo!)

slyboots2 said...

Seriously- 2 people hit the site today looking for Heroclitus. That totally weirds me out!

and the cool thing- now I know which URL you are, heh heh heh....creepy....

Anonymous said...

oh you'll have lots of fun with that, if that tickles your fancy. given all the junk i've written about, you should see the keywords people use to get to my site...or rather, which keywords brings people to my site. "gloryhole" seems to bring the most.
noice!

slyboots2 said...

I realize that it's a total rabbit hole, or a cornhole, or something similarly interesting...but yes, I appear to be the poster child for dead Greek philosophers. The kicker is that it's all based on one post. Google is weird.