Monday, May 12, 2008

Additional lurkers out there....
you know who you are.
I heard about a couple of you.
It is nice to know that I am on the radar.
But it is kind of hard, in that I don't know how my words resonate.
I don't know how my words get interpreted.
Is it serious?
Is it literal?
Are my opinions, sometimes transitory in nature going to bite me in the ass
in my personal life?
Even my husband ignores this place.
He hears my voice enough, he said.
Only comes here when I make him, just to show off a clever piece of wording.
And then he goes away.
Just not that interested.
Sometimes I wish it was universal.
I am growing more and more fond of being under the radar.
Never want to be the main event.
Too much pressure.
Too much worry.
Too much resultant diplomacy required.
The message about the newly acquired lurkers- be careful.
Don't embarrass your family.
Don't embarrass your friends.
No pressure, really.
But not exactly what most would consider freedom of expression.
Gotta really think about this one.
Don't know if I'm all that interested in the constrictions provided.
Don't know if it's worth it to me.
Too many narrow lines to tread, and I have always been clumsy.
No doubt I have already crossed plenty of those, without knowing.
Without being told.
My ears should burn.
My nose should itch.
There are ghosts walking on my grave.
Or was it geese?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

and then of course you could always password-protect this blog. just don't forget to email it to me.

slyboots2 said...

I could, but that would take effort. Fundamentally I am a lazy sod.

I do, however, need to figure out how to track visitors- where to get that software, etc. That would add to the experience, immensely.