Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Stepping away from the mundane on the outside, to face the mundane on the inside.

Just a quick commentary on things I wish I had done.

I wish that when I was younger and sillier, I had made more of an effort to take road trips.
I didn't have money for gas, but it would've been nice.

I wish that when I was younger and dumber, I had made more friends who led me astray.
Looking back, it all seems pretty tidy, overall.

I wish that when I was younger and prettier, I had been less concerned with the boys.
That was the biggest mistake of all, they weren't worth the effort.

It wasn't exactly a profitable venture overall, but then I am not Warren Buffet, and have never conducted myself like that. But I do think that there was a significant amount of risk aversion that really did temper my experiences and provided a self-imposed lack of adventure.

And that's all the mundane I can handle for now.

No comments: