Sunday, March 25, 2007

Why I haven't been writing as much- again

I am in the midst of an existential crisis on the blogworld, of sorts. Seems that I am in my opinion re-hashing the same damned content. Over and over. And it is starting to get to me.

Kboy likens my blogging to a cheap kind of therapy, and says that it's really cool. Probably because it means that I'm covering this stuff without having to re-hash it with him ...again...and again... The poor boy has been through it all. We've had 15 years now to go over it.

Nevertheless, I bore myself sometimes. And feel totally self-indulgent. And not in a good new pair of shoes kind of way. More in a -crap I am being a total bore- way. But part of me is so stubborn that I will no doubt persist. But consider this, fair reader, I might be throwing something different out there. Just because the narrative of my internal life/strife just isn't all that interesting, even to me after a while. And because I feel like I might start stagnating creatively if I don't push the envelope a tad.

The primary worry is that I am doing this rather than writing something more important. But since this keeps me in the flow, and I don't have anything more important looming in my life, it's something that I choose to ignore for now.

So there it is.

5 comments:

(S)wine said...

no good when you re-hash.
that's when you step back, kill a bottle of London Dry Gin, and re-tool. you laugh. it works.

cb said...

lists

you need some lists.

(S)wine said...

NOOOO! no lists, and no memes. when you start putting those up, you've jumped the shark.

slyboots2 said...

My rule about drunken blogging still holds for now. I could change it later- just because- but not sure what would develop. Depends on the nature of the drunken episode. Venomous or giddy. Flip the coin.

And Scobby- you tease, you! Get your but online and post some stuff, dammit! I check almost daily and go away saddened without your voice. (Hope all is well with you and J)

cb said...

i'm going to start posting lists myself.

If you see a shark, jump it.