Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Most meaningless and incomplete list ever

This is by request, and kind of under duress- because it goes against the rules. But I want to be entertaining, and respond to my readership.

Sharkjumping in progress!

Guess what I'm listing:

1. 2 Russian nesting dolls
2. 1 Japanese round doll whose eye you fill in when you want a wish to come true- color in the second when you get the wish.
3. an elephant piggy bank that I got on a roadtrip when I was 3
4. an ostrich egg that sits on a latchhook rug my sister Kim made me
5. wood boxes containing 7 different tarot decks
6. 2 HotWheels F1 2006 racing car 1:14 models (Ferrari and Renault, if you must know) and their accompanying F1 team hats (only to be worn during races, as appropriate)
7. a little Kawasaki Ninja model (not mine)
8. a little UPS truck model (mine)
9. a picture of my grandmother taken when she was 5 on Lake Washington in 1927- seen from behind (might have to scan and post- it's excellent)
10. Glittery Las Vegas dice clock that a dear friend gave me
11. 2 Enid Collins purses from the 60's (flower basket and wooden Kit Kat Klub)
12. 2 wooden elk calls that were in my Grandfather's house
13. a wooden box with Elsa the cat's ashes in it
14. a basket of rocks- shiny ones my Grandfather cut and polished, and non-shiny ones that I found at Hope Creek on the Continental Divide
15. a ceramic flamingo from the 40s (ticky tacky, the way we like it sometimes)


There. And the answer? Well. It is all the assorted crap that lives with my books on the book shelves to the right of the computer desk. Some is very personal. Some is stupid. Some is just there. But most means something. Welcome to my cluttered corner of the universe, shark jumpers, UNITE!

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

all right.
as lists go, this one was pretty interesting and held my focus throughout.
post grandma's picture.
you must.
UPS truck model: rocks.
here's another thought as i was going thru this: I DON'T OWN HALF THE SHIT YOU HAVE ON YOUR SHELF/SHELVES.
note to self: start acquiring chotchkies (sp).
even for the sake of comedy.
out, out!

cb said...

i just knew you could do it.

slyboots2 said...

Sad thought of the day- I have boxes and boxes and boxes spread across 2 states full of this kind of crap. I live in a post-Victorian fussy parlor of curiousities nightmare! Sweet Jebus, help me!

Not to mention the 30 or so boxes of books...now I am just depressing myself. Over and out.