Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Something in the water

From all appearances, cruelty comes easily and casually to some people. Just like picking out a pair of shoes. Just like breathing. Doesn't seem to require any effort whatsoever.

This makes me sad. Because the more of an asshole you are, the lonelier you will wind up being. Because not everyone is paid to put up with you, and generally people hate being around assholes. Just comes with the territory.

Yes, someone got under my skin today. Nothing personal, just business. Which is pure and unadulterated bullshit. The kind that is found in heaping, steaming mounds in the fields at home.

It's just always personal. Because when you shit on someone, and call it a constructive criticism, it's still shit. I don't play the emperor has no clothes game, because I'm not paid to. And see no advantage.

So there you have it. Crappy day. That's all.

5 comments:

cb said...

Yes, usually karma works, some even say instantly. But I lack faith, oh dolly lama. I see arseholes who get ahead, people even flock to them. In my line of work it seems like the higher up you go, the more the asshole.

(S)wine said...

it's the way things were set up. the trick is outlasting them...the arseholes. or, rather, transcending them. anyway, sly...i won't stop reading.

Bwana said...

These days, all the arseholes are sharing The Secret. Fine, keep it amongst yourselves, cretins.

Oh, and that person who bugged ya? Bitch slap 'em. It's a great wakeup call, though not spectacular for your career track.

Bwana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
slyboots2 said...

They had a moment. And after a while their little snippy fest had less of an impact. I just continue to see what stress and overwork does to ordinarily very nice people. It ain't pretty. I just don't want it to happen to me...