Friday, March 16, 2007

Just woke up

Took a long nap. Told the boss that I was going to enjoy the afternoon off (I had plenty of hours in from earlier this week). Instead I slept. Despite the sun. Despite the daylight. I slept. I dreamed.

Now I feel fuzzy and all warm. It's kind of nice. I have some of those folds on my skin from my clothes. I look creased.

It's all I think about some days. Sleeping. Just sleeping. All weekend long. All morning long. It takes me longer than ever to get out of bed in the morning. Where it used to take 10 minutes of NPR babble, it later took 19 (had to listen to the traffic report). Now that the traffic report doesn't matter, I still listen. And then some. We're at 29 minutes. And counting. Where it's going is a mystery. I still get there at exactly the same time. Give or take 5 minutes depending on if I catch the right light at the right time.

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

this kind of shite, i know, you write just to thumb your nose at me. i know it. i refuse to read this from now on. it's too big a tease. there.

(S)wine said...

...you know, because life is all about ME. yes.

slyboots2 said...

It IS all about you. I got the memo!

Ya little narcisist, you!

Actually I wrote it because I needed to write yesterday, and hadn't gotten buzzed yet- that came later. It's all a feeble attempt to re-capture writing momentum. That's all. Pardon the work in progress...