Sunday, March 25, 2007

Heavy sigh...

I've been following the Attorney General kerfluffle lately. Rather than write, I know, I know. Bad girl. Just not been as inspired as usual- more to follow on that...

But what makes me shake my head in absolute confusion and a touch of derision is that the administration obviously never learned one of the key lessons of teenagehood.

Lesson: When you get caught, just fess up and take the punishment. It'll only be far, far worse if you try to cover your ass and keep it under wraps.

I guess I have my rather stern-on-occasion father to thank for getting that one through my silly little teenaged skull. Seriously. When he busted me, and if I tried to squirm out of it, he would shout, (think tones of extreme exasperation) "Just listen to what I am saying, and don't argue! You'll be in much better shape!" Frustrating for me, because there's nothing I love more than a good argument. But the idea of shutting up and taking the lumps isn't a bad one. It tends to give satisfaction to the authority figure, and even though it can really be a pisser, it does tend to make the incident go away faster.

That's the lesson that I don't think those geniuses ever got handed to them. Guess they had the wrong daddy. If for example, they had tried for transparency in the first place, it would've been a touch uncomfortable. But now that they have been shown to be lying through their silly teeth, they look not only foolish, but deceptive. And Congress and the press hate that. Not only that, but it gives the Dems something to chew on. And to act upon. Idjits.

No comments: