Sunday, March 04, 2007

New Things to report

Kboy has a job. He was hired at a place that he interviewed with several months ago. These things apparently take time.

He is going to make more than he asked for- which means they want him. And that's good.

We went to a charity auction last night and spent big money. But without remorse. Because we will enable people to be much healthier.

It was www.pofsea.org. We love them. I was involved a bit in helping put it together. It was good. Seeing all the rich folks throwing their money out there. But more than that, it was bloody hilarious seeing the Alpha dogs battling it out over some of the auctioned items. $5000 for dinner at this one dude's house...well, then. $3000 for a partial case of wine. Well then. Ah- to have that kind of cash to throw out there...

But we agreed- for birthdays, we will get each other one nice smallish present, and then donate something largish to a charity. Because it's time to quit acquiring crap that we will have to move someday, and we see that it can actually make a difference. Christmas now, all bets are off. I still want Christmas presents. Because I'm not a fucking saint, or anything.

It was cool though- because during one part of the dinner there was one of those hold your cards up if you can donate the following amount kinds of things- like at the Academy's last year. And they raised over $100K during that part alone.

And the food was good. And the wine flowed freely for most of the evening.

And today the sun is out, and I can see the mountains from my window.

And the Chinese temple down the street is having some kind of New Year's festival. I suspect that 's what it is. I haven't gotten dressed yet and gone to investigate. But that's on the agenda. If I can rouse myself...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're not a saint?
ah shite...
Lx

Anonymous said...

congrats to K man.
lx again

Bwana said...

Bwana Jr could be your charity. The "Help Bwana JR move to LA next year-athon".

slyboots2 said...

Um yeah. Sounds like he's got a perfectly capable gainfully employed father who will be footing that bill. But nice of you to ask. I gave at the office.

And no, not to be nominated for sainthood in my life or anyone else's I fear. Just too chock full o nuts for that.And then there's that whole unbeliever thing- seems they pay attention to that. But if the miracles start, I'll be sure to let you know. That might trump everything else.