Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Distractions

Just a little distracted. Discovered the whole MySpace thingy. And found out that some time in the distant past (ie. I just don't remember when...not an unusual occurance) I had signed up for an account. So I cleaned it up, brushed it off, added some actual content, and opened shop.

Which means that I am now dealing with two problem children, rather than just one. So must divide and conquer, spit spot, and all of that.

Overall I must say I'm not impressed by the MySpace interface. From a professional standpoint. Not very helpful if you're an html idiot like I am. And certainly not cool to have that many ads on the home page. But it's free and we like free.

So right now, I am watching a flock of blackbirds on the wing- flying through and over the pine trees. They appear to be circling. The question arises- what would the Roman Augers predict? Especially in the shadow of the Ides of March? And with the sodden grey skies in the background, and the narrow glowing band of sunshine hitting the hills across from my window. It all bodes either ill or well. I'm neither Roman, nor am I an auger. Merely a dabbler in so many, many arenas.

And all I really want to do right this moment is crawl into bed with a book, nothing to distract me, and sleep to follow. All because the stupid clock changed, and my delicate constitution took a hit. Sleep is such a sore spot around here. If it's not ideas playing tag in the grey matter all night, it's too much coffee after 11:00 AM. Or then it's every other season. So there.

5 comments:

(S)wine said...

don't sweat the MySpace. once it's up and running, that's about it. you wanna change the look? put in "free layouts" in google, go get the code for one (cut and paste, baby) you like, and paste that fucker a few lines below your "about me" profile box. and that's that. i don't quite understand myspace for people like us--we usually keep in touch w/the people we like via email or phone, not myspace. but...we GOTS to be hip. and being hip means having a page. actually Facebook is the shits, but i'm not creating THAT animal. they've been having issues with anonimity, plus...people on facebook can trace each and every step of yours in cyberspace. mmmm, i'll wait for Big Brother to rear its ugly head in other ways. idon't need Facebook to keep track of when i hit the loo.

Bwana said...

I'd use it too, only I think there may be an age limit. I don't wanna creep the kiddies out.

Unknown said...

MySpace is strange. I can't get into it. BUT, some of my friends will ONLY communicate with me through MySpace, so what the hell, right?

As for the time change, we were in AZ, which started an hour ahead, so by the time we came back AZ was actually the same time as WA. It was the easiest time change transition ever. Of course, that trick only works in AZ. But I'm sure K would let all of us stay with her... *grin*

slyboots2 said...

I'm sucked in- have found old friends and a few inconvenient truths out there. But I'm just creepy that way- won't make contact. Never, never, never. Just want to know where. And when.

No telling how long the fascination will last. And Facebook can just blow me. Not interested in another playtoy. I read an article in Slate about that one. There's only so much collecting of pseudo contact information that I can deal with in this lifetime.

Anonymous said...

yea facebook is scary scary. i had an acct. for 13 hrs. EVERY move is tracked. scary.
Lx