Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Warm fuzzies all around

That's what I love about this place. I can whine like a leetle baby, and no one is mean enough to call me on it. Seriously, I feel the support- and it really is good.

But yeah- upon more reflection, it is one of those grow up and get on with it kind of things. My mom used to tell me to "keep plugging away" at whatever. Which of course, enraged me as a teen. Because everything that came out of that poor woman's mouth enraged me as a teen. I was a rage machine.

Now with that over, I probably do tend to go off in the anger direction with very little provocation- but that is improving with time. And the whole issue of being a baby about work- well....

In my less charitable moments I see it as a sense of entitlement. That somehow, I am totally entitled to a stress-free and constantly pleasant existance. I suspect that I am not alone in this feeling. I also see it for the bullshit that it is. Just being in a room or a building with someone else guarantees that stress will happen. And if it's a passel of Dev geeks in matching sweatsuits, well, all bets are off. And if it involves a valuable parking space, ditto. And if it involves a cranky boss/spouse/checker at the store, ditto. Just learning to temper my annoyance with the understanding that I do the same damned thing when I'm feeling the pain kind of helps.

Nevertheless, it ain't easy to go from 0 to 60 in 3.5 months. And there is no guarantee that it will last. But then there is no guarantee that I won't get clocked by someone driving like an ass on the West Seattle Bridge this morning, either. And I'm not playing psychic- just trying to be rational about all of it. Big picture kind of stuff- that I usually try to avoid, because I find it just a leetle depressing.

Now I've pissed off the cat- I shut him in the back bedroom- timeout- because he's being a jerk- knocking stuff off of the table so I will chase him around the house. See what I have to deal with, people?! The little fucker...

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

i'll call you on it...ya feckin' whining little bebe, ye...go back to yer feckin' Formula 1 cars.

hey, where's Formula 2? are those the minor leagues?

slyboots2 said...

Exactly.

There's a GP 2 league that feeds into Formula 1. some stupid nomenclature there.

Last race of My Michael's career tomorrow. Then I grieve. Until next season, and I choose a new champion. May he be worthy...

(S)wine said...

isn't Andrew Ridgley still mucking about in that formula 2 league? or has he taken up ganja like his mate, Georgie girl?