Friday, October 06, 2006

Fiercely brutal day

but now it's not. Technical difficulties spoiled the buzz that I had over being so vastly productive yesterday. Fucking computers.

It got sorted out, but not without drama. I cried. I shut the fucking door and cried. Like a baby. Because that is what I was reduced to. By sheer frustration.

And then it got better. Technology corrected itself, no one remained angry, and new battles were won. And I stopped crying. Like a baby, remember.

I hate that kind of day. Too much roller coaster drama hell ride. And then I need to call Kenga and get some loving grounding- reassurance that I'm not always a fuckup. Only sometimes. And then a fuckup with good intentions. Heading straight to hell, because I provide the pavement. But nevertheless, good intentions.

So tonight it was a lovely Rogue Chocolate Stout. And Formula 1 practice from Japan. And an escape from the whole bloody thing. Who could ask for more, really? Except for people fleeing toxic clouds of chlorine gas- they could ask for one hell of a lot more. So could shooting victims. And ... puppies. Puppies could ask for more. MORE LOVING.
(I have NO idea where I'm going here- kind of a free association vibe- time to cut myself off of the keyboard before it gets more stoopid)

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

mmmm....clouds of chlorine gas.
happened about 5 miles from our joint.
The Kid's school was within 1 mile.
got shut down.
we never got evac-ed, though.
all is well.

i don't get pissed at computers anymore.
i work strictly, strictly w/them 45 hrs/week. i've learned to just call the IT boys, step outside for a smoke, and chill.

slyboots2 said...

Ah. The IT boys. I love them. They are my saviors on an almost daily basis. But in this case, it was no help. The problems occurred after I left- I'm blaming Gremlins. And the mess was on my desk when I arrived in the morning. After thinking I was such a hero.

I just keep reminding myself- NO ONE DIED. NO ONE WILL DIE. But that doesn't stop people from acting like someone will.