Saturday, October 28, 2006

And harsh reality filters in

So instead of going out last night, I fell asleep on the couch. While watching TV. Because Kenga was already out with a professional group- and was supposed to come home and get me- and was delayed. The steam was out of the engine. The engine was in the garage. And the sleep rolled in like a damp fog. It overwhelmed whatever was on Comedy Central- I suspect it was South Park.

So I will do it tonight. Did I mention that this place specializes in import beer, and has all the special glassware that these special brews require. I can't imagine how much they spend on glassware in a year. But these beers are mostly on tap. There is even a special apple wine. Not cider. Deeper, richer and more complex than a pingy cider.

And because it is before noon, I will stop there. I don't need more of a reputation for being a compulsive drinker. Despite the fact that it's noon somewhere. Just not here.

5 comments:

(S)wine said...

what's wrong w/being a compulsive drinker?
it goes hand in hand with the post up above this...you HAVE to drink.

slyboots2 said...

It's a family thing. Just don't want them worrying and getting all prepped up for some kind of intervention, or something!
Seriously- I could quit whenever I want!

The irony- I drink so infrequently that it only takes me 2 beers to feel all goofy. And 5 will make me throw up. Hardly anything that will cause my liver to openly revolt.

(S)wine said...

yea, but look at all the rupees you're saving.
besides, after reading two posts up and seeing all the fancy-schmancy BEER you and Kenga favor, I think it's a good enough thing (fucking Martha!!!) that two do the trick. I pray to Buddha that one day, two drinks will be enough to soften me. d'ya think i have a chance?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
slyboots2 said...

Yeah- there's no harm in being a cheap date, I guess. I think that if you were to go to MT, where the altitude is substantial, and played with the cowboys, you would find yourself in a world of hurt pretty quickly. That altitude plays a mighty trick or two on the liquor tolerance. Brings the strong men to their knees.