Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Pass the damned knife, El.

There might be a vein or two that I need- NEED- to sever. Right fucking now.

Perfect storm (to overuse the term) of a clusterfuck of a day.

Get up and on the road at 6:30 to prep for an 8:00 meeting. Big deal kind of meeting. Big deal kind of people attending.

I get to the building at 8:00. Because it rained. If you've been reading, you'll already know that Seattle drivers forget how to drive if it drizzles. This was driving rain. So they were helpless. And slow.

Now here is the fun. I walk in to visual daggers from the boss. Why? Well, first off I'm late. Next- they reserved the wrong damned room for me. And stupid me, thought I could trust others not to be incompetent idiots. The room they reserved held 10. The meeting was for 30.
Fuck.

Then the projector didn't work. Neither did the phone. And the AV guy didn't show up for 45 minutes. Then he didn't fix the phone- said he would come back and take care of it during a break. Guess what he didn't do.

So I called another AV guy- who did show up, and was wonderful.

The coffee and breakfast was delayed by an hour- because they were confused.

And it was ALL MY FAULT. Period. I had to take the lumps- because that's the way it works. And despite the fact that none of these elements were within my control, I should've been more diligent about checking, checking some more, and generally checking again. Christ.

So it sucked. I am rather surprised given her blood pressure that the boss didn't either have an aneurism or just fire me on the spot.

But I am getting the clock is ticking kind of feeling. Like she is learning to hate my guts.

Or I am just being paranoid.

I have no fucking clue.

I am going to go do some serious whiskey sniffing. Not lots of drinking- I have to go back and face the place again tomorrow.

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

nice!
there's a Santoku knife w/your name on it waiting on my chopping block in the kitchen.

p.s. don't ever switch your career to Event Planner.

slyboots2 said...

No shit. The idea of doing this kind of crap for a living- forever- is about as dire as it gets. The events stuff is only part of what I'm supposed to be doing.

Irony- all of the other ones that I've organized have gone smashingly. Only the most important one has been fucked. Love It!

Christ.

(S)wine said...

the gods are immortal.
and bored.
ZZZZAP!