Sunday, October 08, 2006

Ennui

One of my favorite words. Ennui. Along with Ouvre. Ouvre. They roll out of the mouth, and make me seem all erudite. Then I speak a little more, and disabuse the world of that particular notion.

I am filled with ennui today. I need to stretch langorously on a chaise longue and drink coffee out of exquisite porcelain, and eat small delicate buttery pastries. All while wearing the finest cashmere. In shades of delicate eggshell and grey. All seen through a sepia filter.

Instead, I drink coffee from a paper cup. I listen to Kenga revving his Muzzy motorcycle in the garage. I wear a somewhat itchy warm green sweater. And there is no romance of sepia on display.

It's just a grey day, and I'm sleepy. Already slept in and took a nap. Not much else to recommend it. It is probably about time to dive into the dvd collection and find something with Will Farrell. Or John Cleese. But no Bergeman. Even though that's where I really, really feel like wandering. I've had that discussion here before. The pitfalls are out in the open, obvious, and avoidable. But I still stumble towards them.

There are quite a few backfirey noises coming from the garage. I suspect that the dialing in of the carbs is being difficult. I would go help, but I really hate that kind of thing. Makes me grumpy. Which on top of having a Bergeman day, wouldn't be good.

Pirates. That's what I need - Pirates. Is there such a thing as Jamaican coffee- coffee with rum in it? Maybe it's time to start. Jamaican Blue coffee, with rum. Captain Morgan's if available. And a piece of pineapple on top. Wait- hold the pineapple- that sounds nasty.

5 comments:

(S)wine said...

the first part of this sounded so good. the porcelain, chillin' bit.

only at my house, one genius of a 2 yr. old decided to skip her midday nap and terrorize the fuck out of us.

with tantrums and bizarre logic during them. as in: "no, Daddy, I want the little bird, the big dinosaur, that one, to come down so I can tickle his hoof with my thumbs...no, Daddy, I want Slimy the Worm to wake up and build a house for Papa and Buggy (our two beloved cats who had to be given away due to her asthma attacks) and then I want to go live in that house...with the flying dinosaur...bird..."

yea. it's 8:05 pm and she's finally fucking gone to bed.

remind me to get snipped.

slyboots2 said...

Yeah- just stock up on the frozen peas. I hear they're a blessing for the black-n-blue nads. And that it's better to be knocked out for the "procedure" than not. But that's just what I hear. I have no firsthand knowledge.

But the two-year-old sounds amusing if nothing else. Like a baby free-associating standup comic. Which I suppose could be problematic on sleep deprivition...

Bwana said...

I highly recommend snip-a-fying the works. Lets you get all crazy later on, without needing the raincoat or the sperm trampoline.
Particlularly helpful as we get older and 'quicker on the draw'

Hey, I am NOT gonna think about baseball players to bestill the wood. That's just disgusting.

Anonymous said...

It sounded like Zappa from "200 Motels"

'Little green scratchy sweaters...

Little green scratchy ones ...

get ... me ... hot....;

Want to watch a dental hygience movie?'

slyboots2 said...

I thought you were supposed to think of England. Oh- yeah. That was to get things moving along.

And no, I don't care to watch any movies with anon posters- kind of like downloading attachments from unknown addresses- scary things could happen. But thanks for asking!