Friday, October 27, 2006

Things looking upwards

Because it is the weekend. And perspective reigns. And I have slept well. For some inexplicable reason.

Generally I replay all bad things on an endless, cringe-inducing loop. But I haven't this time. Maybe I'm learning. Or maybe it's some kind of symptom of Stockholm Syndrome. I'm perhaps starting to identify with my captors. Next thing, I'll be trumpeting the virtues of the PLO from the rooftops, and crafting banners for the SLA. I remember when I was little seeing a movie with Michael Douglas in it about a kidnapper whose victim fell in love with him- the name is gone right now, and I don't have the energy to dig through IMDB for it. Apologies. I know that's lazy. But you know, the details control my life at work. Don't feel like succumbing to like pressure right now. More of a zen groove going on hereabouts.

The boy is back- which makes a big difference in my perspective. Times like this I realize two important things. I can take it on my own. No real question. Didn't fall apart- didn't break down. But the number two thing is that it sure improves the situation to have him around. Not like a crutch per se. More like a wonderful ally. And a sounding board. And a reprieve. To him, I'm not a consistent fuck up. And that is a good thing. I can try as hard as I can, and actually win with him. That's another good thing. And before I degenerate to Marthaisms, I'll change gears. Because her good things make me cringe. They take too damned much time and energy away from fundamentals that really matter.

Ok- strange dream last night about Jerry Seinfeld. Very strange dream. He was the only man in a colony of women. And he was going around offering his ...services...because he was the one with the equipment. And he forgot to bathe. For a long time. Very strange dream.

And now I must get ready for work.

But tonight- I revel in not going to work. For two whole days. We found a new bar- where I like the ambience. And the beer. And the little fire pit in the center. And usually it is quiet and almost deserted. I like that too. So...maybe.

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

dudes, can you take me along to that bar??
please?

Bwana said...

I need a new bar, too. I've been drinkin at home. Not good. Need to talk to people. Occasionally. And not hit them.

That's hard.

slyboots2 said...

You can both hop in the car and roadtrip on out. It's in the air, no? We have a deluxe tour of the local brew pubs available. For a small fee- basically buying us a round or two.

And now the bar beckons. Good night, and good luck.