Thursday, October 05, 2006

Ah I say.

Things are finally feeling like control is being marginally established. By that I mean, I've gotten some more sleep, gotten on top of at least 75% of things at work, done the laundry, and am currently drinking a Night Owl Pumpkin Ale from Elysium Brewery. Oh, and we bought the cat food.

The trip was tremendous. I came back with a sore back, really sore knee, and no regrets. I really don't feel like penning a travelogue- and besides, it wouldn't necessarily be entertaining to anyone but me. But it was good. No trauma. Besides my sinuses in the bar in Gallatin Gateway (only one in the region that still allows smoking).

One of my favorite little girls on the entire planet- make that galaxy status- gave us pictures that she drew. If I could figure out how to make them page sized, I would scan. And explain what she drew. They were the dreams she plans on having. One involves a spaceship. Another a frog and a snail. Another a milkshake fountain- chocolate and vanilla combined, and the fourth is an elephant giving her a shower. She even signed them. She is 5. We love her beyond reason. Ditto her sisters. And her parents. It's all smooshy with love.

Or else it's the beer. But I suspect that it's the love talking.

Other than that- not much to report. Been following the scandal du jour on Capital Hill- nothing to add. Ditto HP.

Now I will go ice my knee and watch something stupid on the tv. Over and out.

2 comments:

(S)wine said...

CapitOl Hill

slyboots2 said...

Ah. Fuck it. Like I can spell before noon.

Oh. That was last night.

Fuck it. Like I can spell when drinking.