Thursday, May 31, 2007

Biggish day- send happy thoughts

Especially around 3:30 PM Pacific.

I have 2 interviews with the potential boss and his boss this afternoon. Totally impromptu- as they wanted to meet me prior to going on a trip. Which means fast-track. Which means they might actually be going somewhere with this job. Which means that all of my friends who've been pulling for me, emailing hiring managers and making phone calls might actually pull me out of the unemployment pool in a month.

And that is good news, indeed. Because I have come to the realization that another stint of being alone at home with the cats all day after a job like this would probably drive me to a place I won't be able to come home from. Not really- pretty dramatic, don't you think? She still has that. All those years in the Theeater have left their very vivid mark.

But it would be sad. And lonely. And I would hate it this time around. Because it would be so very quiet.

4 comments:

(S)wine said...

so
yes.
all of that coming to you
from this side
(whatever that may do for you).
the trick is finding that line
between the insanity of silence
and the insanity of work.
when you figure that out
pass me your notes
so i can copy.

Anonymous said...

Much luck is wished.

Anonymous said...

I wish you luck, sexy lady. Have a good time, knock em dead! (Not literally....)

Send me some happy thoughts tomorrow when the moving commences! Lol:)

Love you lots

slyboots2 said...

Thank you all. It really does mean something to have those good wishes!