Friday, June 01, 2007

Wrap up

The interviews appeared to go well. There were two back to back ones. The first seemed kind of slam dunkable. The second was harder to read. And given that it's one of those jobs that requires a high level of trust and personality meld, it'll really depend on their feelings. And they're boys, so who the hell knows. Because boys are a mystery sometimes. God knows what they are really looking for. I didn't get the impression, however, that they are after a pretty young thing- which is good, since I haven't been one of those (and then only marginally) for about 15 years or so. So the waiting game begins.

Good news though- options exist where there were none last year. And friends are coming out of the woodwork and offering assistance. So that makes everything different. Doesn't appear that I get to revisit the reclusive life for long- which is no doubt a very good thing.

Went to the ballet last night- saw the rehearsal last week, and the opening night was last night. Good seats. And it was certainly a different experience. I have to say that it ought to be obligatory that at least once in a lifetime if you like ballet you see the rehearsal. There's an intimacy to it that gets lost in the translation. As well as an intensity. The costumes added to the sense of anonymity of the members of the corps, and I didn't like that. I loved seeing them as individual pieces of the whole- rather than as cogs in a moving machine. But that's just Balanchine for you. He had this whole kind of shuffle run thing that he had his dancers do- that resembles nothing so much as a train engine. And there's a kind of prancy run that they did too- all of it is kind of dated in a way. Reminds me of Busby Berkley for some reason.

All in all, it was a wonderful night- with amazing company. (if you're reading, W, I really do mean that!) And I gotta say I am very worn out! So, adieu, and I'll be back later.

No comments: