Saturday, June 30, 2007

Still feel like crap, thank you Boy Wonder (for the summer cold- I'm feeling the love right now).

But in the meantime, I'll think about something besides the state of the skin on my nose- as it slowly gets eaten away by the kleenix.

So I've started the next round of interviews. Been here before. But this time with a year in-company under my belt and some really glowing recommendations from friends. Love the lot of them. The challenge will be finding the best fit, and basically taking it from there. But the year has bought very good options, and I am pleased.

The first interview in a series for one job was yesterday. Difficult since I felt like ass, but otherwise it went...well, I guess. At issue- the person who held the position before me was nasty (by all reports), and they are gun-shy as hell. I got that from my informational interview with the manager and his lieutenant several weeks ago. The person yesterday spent the lion's share of the interview trying to ascertain who I am not, versus trying to see who I am. That puts me in a difficult position- as I was being asked how I would respond under certain theoretical circumstances. Without knowing the individuals or ground rules. Which is really impossible. And kind of a dumb way to interview. Because basically, I DO NOT KNOW. And I think that it is a silly line of questioning- showing a lapse of imagination. I doubt that I would get nasty with people in any event. Not my style- and especially not with the kinds of people who would be interacting with me there. So it felt....kind of fruitless. But the woman was very nice, otherwise and I liked her a lot. So we'll see. I have a battery of 4 interviews over the course of the day late next week to round out this job's interview cycle. And I do know that there are others in the running- but I come highly recommended, and have actually gotten buy off from the main boss (which the others haven't). We'll see where that gets me.

There are a couple of other jobs I'm in serious contention for within the company too. Because the busy little bees inside want me. And I want to stay. Is it so much to ask to be able to continue doing a job that I've grown to love? Well, we'll see the answer to that question played out later. Tune in to future installments of Job Hunt 2007.

And now I must sign off and go and watch the Tivoed Qualifying for the French Grand Prix. And cough up phlegm.

And on a side note, for those of you who pay attention to this kind of thing- the sun is shining. For now.

4 comments:

cb said...

Yo, try a hankie (or some kind of soft cloth) it's so much easier on your nose than paper. I'm not sure why this is, but it is.

slyboots2 said...

good suggestion. Should I tease you about having hankies though? My dad has hankies. I think it's kind of funny. Just the word. Hankie. hehehehehe.

Yes, I am on drugs. Over the counter, but effective, nevertheless.

cb said...

i tend to use a sock.

slyboots2 said...

Ah man, that's almost too damned easy. Dude. Like shooting fish in a barrel!

Anyway, you are redeemed. No hankies for you. J isn't spending her Saturdays ironing your monogrammed hankies so that the other fellas know that you are a natty dresser.