Thursday, May 03, 2007

All right, all right. Enough of the silliness. And enough of the doldrums. There's work to be done.
Not the paying kind, true enough. There's that too- but that wasn't what I was talking about.

Two nights ago I slammed out a chapter. In the book. Or what is posing as a book right now. It got me thinking again. And that was a relief- because when I lose track of that effort, I get scared. Like it'll never come back. Like I'll lose the story.

So it came back. And the cool thing is that I have the weekend off starting tomorrow, and I'll have some time to make it happen again. If it's still there. I suspect that it is.

But conversely- I won't be posting until mid next week. I go where the buffalo roam. And the deer and the antelope play- but with cars on the highway, with predictably unhappy results for all parties involved.

See hotwire has cheap flights. And an escape was necessary. I only wish I could drag the boy along- he needs an escape too. Only he gets a different one- one from me (bwahahahahaha).

Adios amigos and amigas- enjoy Cinco de Mayo, and think happy thoughts! Or not- drink and be miserable if you prefer. I'm not the mommy. Be back soon!

1 comment:

(S)wine said...

luck.
books waiting to be written
always need lots of luck
the bad kind, too.

see ya next week.