Tuesday, May 22, 2007

There's something sad about having nothing to say- when a few hours ago, I was full of ideas. And I stayed in bed rather than get up an write. I was trying to court sleep. And eventually it worked, and the brain shut off. But prior to that small miracle, there were dozens of ideas percolating around in there. Not all of them were job-related. Some were interesting, I thought.

So now it's morning, the ritual coffee cup by my side, the cat shifting around the room behind me trying to get attention, and the hband in the kitchen making his lunch. It's all good. And as it should be, I suppose. Upon short reflection, I probably wouldn't have it any other way. Nope.

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

you gotta write
when it comes
and feck sleep.
there'll be plenty of doing that
when you're...
you know the cliche.

slyboots2 said...

Yeah, I know. Just was feeling particularly lazy. And had an 18 pound cat sitting on my legs- pinning me down. He gets such a perplexed expression when I kick him off, so I just endure. Probably lead to leg clots some day...damn. I'm in a mood. Apologies...

(S)wine said...

don't listen to me.
i'm delirious.
but you know that.