Saturday, October 22, 2005

Learning to take one's lumps

Yesterday was the big LSAT score day. Reckoning, if you will. And I'm not jubilant. Not crying too hard, but not jubilant. Let's discuss the bell curve, shall we? Fucking bell curve. This particular one was brutal. I did exactly how I expected. Exactly. However, the curve was lower this time than it has been on past tests. If the curve had been what it was in December 2004, or February 2005, I would be a very happy girl. No such luck. Crap. I cannot throw more resources at that test. I couldn't do better. No way. Just don't have it in me. So now I just hope that it was good enough to get me into school.

And yes, I did substantially better than last time, but not stellar. Just not stellar. Crap. Now I'm gonna go and do my best not to think about it for a while. Kenga took me out for nachos and beer last night to help assuage the pain. Good Kenga.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"The sun'll come out tommorow, bet your bottom dollar that tommorow...lalalalaaaaa"

(S)wine said...

which school are you vying for?

slyboots2 said...

#1- University of Washington...heh...heh...heh... Besides being told to my face about the snowball's chance in hell angle, it would be good. Cheaper than the alternative, very good school, good rep, etc.

#2- Seattle University. I'm told no problem, really, getting in. Comforting thought in a way- I will be able to do this. However, it's very, very expensive. And not as well known.

The whole thing was predicated upon living in proximity to the school, so that's about it for options. In Montana I could've gone if I was willing to have a 3 hour commute one way. Or set up a second household for myself in another town. There's only so much I'm willing to sacrifice for this particular venture.

Anonymous said...

I was embarassed by my score and very much wanted to magically add 10 points to it...