Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Unsettling

The things I find on Craig's List...

WITH MY HEART BROKE I LIST THE MCCAW

I HAVE A BLUE AND GOLD MCCAW THAT I LITERALLY FOUGHT FOR IN A DIVORCE FOR 3 YEARS HE IS MY BABY.. I WILL CHECK HIS NEW HOME AND HAVE A CONTRACT THAT I CAN SEE HIM, IF HE GETS SICK OR WANTS HIS MOM I WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO GET HIM BACK.... HE WAS MORE IMPOTANNT THAN ND WAS AND ONLY MY KIDS COME BEFORE HIM LOVES TO RIDE IN THE CAR AND DOES SO MANY OTHER THINGS THAT SOMETIMES I SWEAR HE IS A HUMAN HE SNORES IS POTTY TRAINED AND SLEEPS IN THE BED HAS HIS OWN PILLOW IF YOU WANT TO MEET HIM I WOULD BE GLAD TO HAVE YOU WRITE ME HE WILL BE 800.00 WAY CHEAP FOR HIM AND HE HAS BEEN CONDITIONED TO BE A BEST FRIEND AND DOES IT WELL...HE IS A TOTAL BEAUTY ABOUT 3 FEET LONG AT LEAST AND IN PERFECT HEALTH,, NO HE IS NOT JUST A BREEDER BUT COULD BREED AND HAS BEFORE I WANT SOMEONE THAT WANTS A FRIEND THIS IS KILLING ME BUT DUE TO HEALTH REASONES HE HAS TO HAVE A NEW HOME B4 I DIE...

(Ok- not only sketchy with the language skills- but does this person think that someone will pay $800 for a pet with these kinds of strings attached? Damn.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's so sad. It's sad when things are going badly already, and then folks are forced to give up even more of the things they are truly loved. This is definitely not one of the better marketing pieces I've seen, either. And I'm sure more people go through this sort of loss every day than I realize, which is more sobering, to me, than listening to this one woman. *sigh*

On the other hand, I hope your work is going well and not turning you into a crazy parrot lady. Crazy parrot ladies are even scarier than crazy cat ladies. *grin*

slyboots2 said...

Yeah- it's sad. It's also disturbing. Here is a person who is a little too into the bird for his/her own good. Fighting over him for 3 years, sleeping with him, demanding that new owners provide "visitation rights" are all signs of being a tad obsessive. And that's from me- the cat freak. But I certainly would never, ever expect to sell one of my cats for $800 and then see them again.
I feel for her/him- but think that some serious therapy (hospice?) could really help.

And I'm only a little scary. Usually only when drunk (which I don't think you've ever seen- but I could be wrong there...)!