Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Summing up the weekend

The trip to MT to finalize sale of the showcases went well. It was quick, and I was pretty worn out afterwards. My flight got in around Midnight, Saturday morning, and I left at 6AM on Sunday.
The guy who bought them was interesting. We definately did a bit of the old haggling- I'm not very good at it. Thankfully my Dad was there, watching my back. I have got to learn to negotiate more effectively. My innate instict is to cave early just to be nice. I'm not critical enough of others' arguments. I don't hold fast to my own enough.
Sadly, I wasn't able to help Spouse get the house ready to move into. He's been preoccupied with cleaning. We're still working on the carpets in the bedrooms- seems that one of the cats (who is now in Kansas) was a leaker. She liked to lay down the law, so to speak. I bought some enzyme stuff at Petco last night, and am trying to take care of the problem.
So, friends and family will have a nice room to stay in when visiting us, but it might have a slight odor. I'm working on it.

3 comments:

cb said...

and also i can stay there when i visit
with the cats, hopefully all of them.

s

slyboots2 said...

They will make a point of sleeping with you en masse. Just because you will be missing the roaches. You will need something crawling on you to make you feel at home.

cb said...

mammals just ain't the same as bugs.

parasites are best though.