Friday, August 19, 2005

Run out of inventiveness for a day

While you wait with the traditional bated breath for the next installation, I'll steal something from an article that amused me yesterday.

On Slate.com, they were writing about a NY blog called Overheard in New York. I've been there- it's fun, addictive, and I get tired of slogging through it after a while. (Lack of patience is a Gemini trait- that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)

I'll share these gems:

Man on 2nd floor of the Port Authority: Wow, I didn't even know things existed here.

Hipster: Whenever they build a new road, it should be the blankth street ever made. 34th Street should be the 34th street ever built.

Girl: Mommy, what's the opposite of hair?

The subway doors open. A hobo enters, holding a bottle of windex in one hand and a tube of toothpaste in the other.
Hobo: Which is the better time to read Dostyevsky [sic]? Winter?
He sprays the windex.
Hobo: Or Spring?
He squeezes toothpaste out of the tube.
Japanese girl: Spring!
Hobo: You are correct.

Lady on cell: ... so we were at this goth club and I moonwalked into someone…

Kid #1: Paper beats rock. BAM! Your rock is blowed up!
Kid #2: "Bam" doesn't blow up, "bam" makes it spicy. Now I got a SPICY ROCK! You can't defeat that!

(And finally- for your pleasure - ribbed even!)

Girl #1: Well, tomorrow is the Philharmonic in Central Park.
Girl #2: You wanna go?
Girl #1: Well I do, but I have my brain MRI.

Guy on cell: I moved all the way here and now you won't even marry me?
Guy on cell: I'm off today. I ran over one of the kids with the bus.

Dumb teen: Hey, look at this! It says 'Train for jobs in beeyotch.'
Smarter teen: Fool! That word is biotech. Why you gotta be ignorant all your life?

Ghetto guy #1: Who do you think is better, Bernie Mac or Mr. T?
Ghetto guy #2: Obviously Mr. T. He uses pronouns more efficiently.


10 comments:

(S)wine said...

yea, i've had them linked on my site for almost a year now.

i never get tired of the stuff on there. OHINY is fabulous.

slyboots2 said...

I would love to put together a site of things overheard in airports. Very interesting stuff there.

This morning, I listened to a conversation about foot diseases in the security area (we have to remove our shoes, no?). It was funny. At 5 AM.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cb said...

what the hell is all this lame spam???

must be some kind of word-search annoyo-bots.

slyboots2 said...

I hate the spammers. May they rot in HELL!!! I just wish I knew how to delete their comments. The bastards.

slyboots2 said...

Guess what I figured out! How to delete those bastard spammers! Yay!