Monday, August 29, 2005

Someone's having a case of the Mondays

Office Space is one of my favorite movies. I find it extremely pertinent on most occasions.
Today I have the pulse rate of a hummingbird, and the patience of - oh I don't know what. Something without large reserves of patience.
Yesterday, the stress finally got to me. I forgot that Spouse was taking an out-of-town roadtrip. Totally forgot. And I scheduled something else for the afternoon- and he thought that since I never as a rule forget things like that, that I had just blown him off. Nope. Just forgot. The things that really mean something to me in life are starting to slip, as I focus on the minutae that keeps on popping up.
So I made an executive decision. I emailed myself the detailed list of things to do that I kept obsessing over this morning. That should quiet those nagging little internal dialogues down a bit. And then I'm going to cut out of here after an early afternoon meeting. That will buy me time. Part of the problem is that we haven't finished moving yet. And all of that stuff is spread between two homes. I realize that it's only a flight of stairs, but there's still plenty to do. I think you can witness my brain churning around all of this...
Anyhoo, once I make some significant headway on the crap in my life, I should feel much better. It will also help when the caffiene in my system wears off a bit. Good thing I haven't got blood pressure even close to hypertension- or my head would probably explode.

3 comments:

(S)wine said...

In Zen (or rather Taoism), one must clear his/her head of everything and embrace nothing-ness as the most relevant constant in life. Everything else (details, etc.) are of our own doing. In reality, Nothing is what should rule our lives.

slyboots2 said...

I just have gotten a little too tied up in it all. But making my little list and seeing it in print makes it easier. And now over half is done.

Gin or vodka? Why, thank you, both please. Just not simultaneously.

We have a lovely bottle of Bombay Sapphire in the freezer just calling my name. I will not ignore.

(S)wine said...

save a sip for me.