Saturday, March 25, 2006

Who's my hero?

That would be Kenga. Today and every day. Ode to Kenga will be forthcoming. What did he do to earn this distinction? Well, first off, he fixed my car. So there Sean. It seems that it had a sticky lifter, and he added something to the oil that made it all better. It'll get me to MT in a couple of weeks, and then we can get something else. A plan is afoot, and now we can follow through.

Next up, home electronics. Yesterday, we were watching tv on the landlady's tv (she left it behind when she was deployed, and since it's huge, we use it) and the screen suddenly became covered with grey and white stripes. Shit, we thought. We have to buy her a new one...Then Kenga got creative. He went online (I love the internet) and found out that this model has this problem. He found a fix, went to Radio Shack (a Tandy corporation) and bought parts and then proceeded to solder some new guts to the innards of the tv, and voila- it works again. $14 fix. Love him, love him, love him. He is the smartest boy I know. And he loves me back. Mmmmm mmmm good.


Ode to Kenga:

Fixes everything- electronic, mechanical, emotional

Makes laughter spontaneously erupt- from me, strangers, cats

Endures allergies to love the pets

Does the vacuuming

Has a soft spot in his wonderful heart for the right movie moments

Takes me to the Locks when the day was bad to watch the boats and the fish

Confirms daily that I'm the luckiest girl on the planet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful post.