Monday, March 20, 2006

Bwah.....hah....haha......

I know that I keep reporting that the crap job will end this week. But then I find out that under each rock are a couple of dozen creepy little things that we're needed to attend to. Today I figured out why. Seems that some of our barcode tags were duplicates. About 200 of them. So approximately 200 items on some unknown apparatus/apparatii are have dubious descriptions. I found this while auditing a med car- I had some suspicions as the inventory I was working on was really strange looking, and had some huge gaps. Well, when we downloaded the data, I found that the lactated ringers in a drawer was in reality a 4' Pike pole. Hm. Made us start thinking.

So, given that this is one of the major problems that we're now finally discovering (after being told this morning that this was the last week) I'm beginning to think that this job might just go on for a little longer than planned (again). sigh.

Mrs. Peel, we're needed.

2 comments:

bedmonster said...

Hooray for rotten mistakes that keep you painfully employed. ^_^

slyboots2 said...

Oh- it gets better. Turns out there are 6fuckinghundred of the damned things. That means 1200 items are affected. It takes hours to fix all of this- hunting on different apparatuses, trying to figure out what the hell happened- not to mention that we've been deleting a few of them without knowing what was going on. Bloody hell.