Monday, March 06, 2006

Dicks at Dick's

We went to Dick's last night for dinner. For those of you who don't know Dick's- it is a drive in. With seriously wonderful fries, good shakes and yummy burgers. Cheap too.

We went to the Queen Anne location since it was yucky out, and thus didn't want to go to the drive in ones.

We got there, and a homeless-looking fellow was harassing the cashier because they didn't have any onions for his $1.10 burgers (told you it was tres cheap). He wouldn't leave it alone. He kept asking, "but why don't you have any onions?" When she replied, "because we didn't have time to prepare them yet." He got all irate. The other cashier tried to take our order over the commotion. Good thing she was paying attention- we did get what we ordered.

While this was going on, the beleagered cashier ignored the irate man and asked to help someone else. A guy stepped forward and ordered, pissing off the guy behind me who was on the phone. Words were exchanged-

"I was in line."

"I thought you were on the phone."

"No, I was in line...hold on, I'll call you back...I was in line."

"I'll have a Deluxe...."

"Go to hell."

By the time our food came, I was getting ready to see blows exchange.

Must've been something in the water.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola!

I got the alteration job at the drycleaners...and I will also be doing the alterations for his wife's business...which is a small upscale local boutique! Yay! That could lead to good things. This all happened after Current Employer Lady did something pretty hanus, so I took it as a sign. I shoudl be put of here pretty soon, and onto something better and perhaps bigger? Who knows, I hope all is well I'll try to give you a call soon!

Love Andrea

slyboots2 said...

Excellent. I'll ship the coat someday. Probably after my FABULOUS career in fire station inventory.

Later!

Anonymous said...

I don't get the end of White in the Blue White Red trilogy. She's signing something...out the window? to a picture? to an imaginary friend? And, he is looking at her from outside with binoculars, crying. Has she gone crazy? Has he become even MORE creepy? What's the deal? You usually get these things mroe than I do, I thought I'd ask:). I liked white, though, it was good. Less depressing than Blue!!! Ok, I hope you are having a good weekend, tlak to you soon!

Love Andrea

slyboots2 said...

Blue is amazing. By far my favorite. Lyrical and beautiful- mesmerizing cinematography. Did you listen to the commentary? Tres interesting.

Let's chat it out- also I want your take on certain family developments...ah the scandal of it all! Mwah hahahahaha!!! (rubs her hands gleefully, and evily together- then picks up the white kitty to pet in a perfect Dr. Evil manner)