Friday, March 17, 2006

Well. That's interesting.

I have a day off- our database guy is off, so we can't work. Which suits me just fine. The sun is out, and I have time to play.

Interesting thing. I have confirmation that kids definately can sense ill-will directed at them- and that those instincts are very good to have. I've learned that person I've known for a very long time has a serious problem with me. Not that I've done anything to earn the emnity- basically be born, I suspect. I always knew that this was the case- that I was hated from that direction- it bugged the hell out of me when I was younger. But then it just became kind of like background static. Just knew not to trust this individual. Not to turn my back. And it never really mattered. It still doesn't- just that now that this person has played their cards, so to speak, I am in the know. And it's kind of nice to know that I was right. Just call me the fucking Cassandra of the block. I do wish that things were different, but this person will probably always remain the victim of his/her own particular brand of pathological psychology. Lovely. While I should just write them off, I feel really sorry for them. It's downright out of Dickens the way they're behaving- and it's an embarrassment. For shame. To quote Joan Crawford's character out of Mommy Dearest, "Don't fuck with me, fellas. This ain't my first time at the rodeo."

Gotta go- it's sunny out for a brief moment- and I think I'll go for a walk down on Alki Beach- and look at the water/boats/skyline of Seattle. I'm trying to get as much face time with the city while I live here- as it might wind up that I move to fucking Pennsylvania...

4 comments:

bedmonster said...

Well, even if you were right, and even if you pity them, it still sucks to have someone be that way toward you. I hope you don't have to have contact with them very often. *sigh*

Enjoy the spots of good weather. I hope you don't have to move to PA...

slyboots2 said...

Well, contact has always been somewhat irregular- but since I'm not supposed to know about all of this, I'll play it cool. But knowledge is certainly power. And this muldroon hasn't got a clue as to how to play the game properly. So fuck em. It's actually a big relief to know that my suspicions weren't just crazy talk.

cb said...

i didn't know you were in the rodeo.

slyboots2 said...

I'm the sad sweetheart of the rodeo. It's unavoidable.