Sunday, March 05, 2006

Awards schmwards

Just watched the Academy's. Love, love, love Jon Stewart. Despite his somewhat tepid reception- I thought he was wonderful.

I didn't see most of the movies. I really don't even know why I care- I just wanted to see Jon be funny.

There is one lasting mystery about the night, however. Why did Tom Hanks look so totally pissed off when he strode out to announce the best director award? He didn't banter, or even crack a smile. And that was after his goofy thing earlier in the night. What happened? Is he a secret dick, wearing his smiles as a mask to inner dickiness? Or did someone really jerk him around just prior to going onstage? Wha happened?

In another life, I want Hillary Swank's body to be my own. But not her face. It kind of scares me.

Or Salma Hyack's body.

Despite my love for him in many movies, I suspect that Philip Seymor Hoffman is a closet jerk. Something about him seems a tad precious. I dunno. It's just a sixth sense that I have for that kind of thing.

Is there a plan afoot for another Speed movie? If not, then why did Sandra and Keanu show up together? I'm very confused. I didn't think that anything spontaneous happened at the Oscars. Much less careless dating. Very mysterious.

That's about all I really have to say about the 4 or so hours of my life that won't come back again. Except that during that time I wrote my second of two personal statements for U of MT Law school. And got my application in an envelope and ready to post tomorrow. And I ate some good cheese on mediocre crackers. And drank a sip or two of wine. And folded a couple of loads of laundry. And watched the kitties play with their new toy- a laser pointer. Endless hours of entertainment there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the UM app! Not that you'll need it! And, don't worry, I'll stick with baby doctor, he had me at hello....lol, and there are way less brass poles to contend with when we hang out! Always a plus! Take care, keep me posted, and I talk to you many soon!

Love Andrea

slyboots2 said...

thankee much. It's in the mail.