Thursday, March 23, 2006

Drum roll, please

The car might be in its death-throes. It started making an alarming noise when I started it up to come home this afternoon. Kenga is on the case, and might have provided the bandaid to stem the hemmorage, but it is probably terminal. I just need to get through tomorrow, and then Kenga has graciously allowed me to take lessons on hills and his car. Nervously, I approach that idea. I'll be probably driving the miata with the bullseye on the trunk. Until we go to MT next month- then I'll get a new car. Damn. The car now has 135K miles on it, and has been wonderfully brave. But the time swiftly approaches when it'll be the merciful thing to put a bullet in its head.

Otherwise, an unremarkable and relatively uneventful day. I was, however, successful in navigating the drive between a couple of unfamiliar fire stations without getting lost or confused- and did it faster than either of the other guys. Haha, I say!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoo Hooo! That means the hump is junk soon- or at least will be passed off to some other unlucky soul. The hump is evil, I tell you!

Miatas rock. Except when the top is up.

slyboots2 said...

Yeah- well it helps to be little if you're stuck in the back seat. Not that I qualify, either- but Dave didn't seem to have any problems with it. Yeah- it has been on many an adventure, and I have loved the car lots- but it's just about time to have our last farewell.