Saturday, January 28, 2006

Something we decided last night

Kenga and I were talking while falling asleep last night, and we decided that the bands Asia, Kansas, Boston (saw them live-in the 80's), Toto (also saw them live in the 80's) and Foreigner were all the same. We are unsure as how to classify them exactly- album rock? FM rock? I dunno. But they are the same.

Ones from that period that are slightly different include the Southern rock bands, Styx (their albums had themes and all), REO Speedwagon (Kevin Cronin's voice was nastily original), Journey (ditto Steve Perry) and the really hard stuff like AC/DC, etc.

I won't add Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, or the earlier ones to the list, as I think they have earned some respect for being earlier.

What really hurts, and I mean really, really hurts, is the fact that I know the words to so many of the aforementioned bands' songs. And if you knew how many of their albums I used to own, I would die a little inside. So I'm not telling. Taking that one with me to the grave, I am. Funny though- remember Shawn from the previous post? He used to send me lists of his record collection. I reciprocated. Kinda sexy, no? No.

4 comments:

cb said...

dude,

i meant to put my comments, on the REO speedwagon post, not your uncle.

slyboots2 said...

No problems! I kind of figured as much. I didn't help by running on so much yesterday! We'll call it bloggorrea.

cb said...

i had bloggorrea one time, got it from drinking too much yuban instant coffee...

slyboots2 said...

Was it during finals week? Yuban has that reputation, as I remember...