Saturday, January 28, 2006

Back from the abyss

We went to Borders tonight. To spend holiday gift certificate.

On the way, I stopped to put my paycheck in the bank.

Whilst filling out the envelope and preparing to deposit, a man raged into the atm area. He shoved Kenga aside screaming, "get the FUCK out of my way." He went to the door, shouting, "what fucking time is it?" The bank was closed- had been since 2. He hit the door, took his sunglasses from his head, threw them on the floor where they shattered, while screeching, "fucking pieces of shit." Then he kicked the glass doors to the street, and rushed out.

While this was going on, the onlookers sort of huddled away from him. He was tall, and his face was covered in scabs- he looked like he had been severely beaten rather recently. I was preparing to use my ballpoint pen as a stabbing weapon if he came near me or Kenga again.

We left after I deposited my check. He was on the street a ways off, trying to pick another fight. There was a cop car nearby, so we figured that he couldn't get into too much trouble.

Then after we left the bookstore, and were going to the car, we passed a homeless guy rummaging for cans. He didn't like what he found, and shouted, "ARRRGGG...mumble, mumble, mumble....ARRRGGG!!!" We crossed the street, laughing and went to the car. The rain stops, and the whack jobs come out to play.

No comments: