Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I AM the man

I am now the team lead. Only reason- because I am still there. I am the second longest person on the job from the temp side of things. Funny. Not that the work is all that hard- it's just rough on the body being in the cold and climbing around the stuff that we're counting. But it's funny.
I'm convinced that a trained monkey could do my job. Not particularly well, mind you, but well enough. What makes me so exceptional, you ask? Well, I would say that it's my OCD in full roar. Have to be accurate, or I won't sleep tonight. Actually, it's all about longevity. That's basically it.
The people I work with are lovely. My problem with the job is getting out of bed in the morning. I'm not liking that at all. Very difficult. Hate it, in fact.
Stupid mornings.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mornings are like a birth, a beautiful new creation being brought into the world, to admire, to behold, to mold, to love. We are reborn every morning, and every morning we shall revel in it! The endless possibilities! The Joy! The strange afterbirth fluids...

well, screw that. I hear ya! After being with Mom and Dad for so long over xmas break, my sleep schedule has been permenantly killed. It is indeed a painful thing.

I hope all is well, I'll give you a call soon. Take care, sister dear, and tell the firefighters hello for me!:)

Love Andrea

bedmonster said...

Getting up sucks. Work, even if it's okay, sucks, because we wouldn't be working if we didn't have to, even those of us that actually like their jobs fine. Bleargh.

Still, it's nice to have more posts from you. ^_^

slyboots2 said...

I have 15 more mornings as of this morning. NOt like I'm counting or anything... stupid fucking job.